Re: Ajax Back/Forward History problem document state by document.save()

Kenny wrote:
> I have to agree with Sylvain, that I think users would evolve as web
> application do and the need for that back button might become
> unnecessary.

I very strongly disagree.  The back and forward buttons have been for a
very long time and always will be fundamental to the way web browsing
works.  Any web application that tries to work around the use of the
back/forward buttons in a way that breaks their functionality if used is
broken.  Instead, applications should learn to work with the buttons as
the user expects.

I could be mistaken, but I believe Gmail used to seriously break the
back button when it first came out and it was one of the worst usability
problems with it, though it seems to be fixed now.  Gmail still
seriously breaks the forward button, in fact it completely disables it
some how, and it's so annoying (at least it would be if I actually used
my gmail account).

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/