Re: API specification for drag-and-drop ?

On Dec 12, 2005, at 23:58, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Is there no intent to debate on this list ?

There most definitely is, but you only asked about plans. Since this
is the beginning of our work, plans are pretty much "do something
about it" and not much more. It's unlikely that merely enquiring as
to plans will yield a full-on raging debate :-)

> I am currently researching to achieve drag-and-drop of mathematical
> formulae delivered by ActiveMath... I suppose requirements I would
> have would be pretty close to requirements of many other web-based-
> applications...

Clearly, though if you need to DnD across plugin boundary it might
become more complex for the browsers to implement.

> Do people consider the things made by MSIE's DnD ?

Existing technologies that have already been deployed are at the top
of our things to consider first. Feedback on them is also very welcome.

> Should mime-types still be used as content-encoding descriptor ?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I follow you here. Media types are
actually not used for Content-Encoding, content coding tokens are.
But even so, that's well outside the scope of this WG.

> Is copy-and-paste also envisioned ??

It's not currently on our list but it certainly has its place farther
down the line.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist