Re: Comments on "Authorizing Read Access to XML Content Using the <?access-control?> Processing Instruction 1.0"

On Dec 06, 2005, at 02:21, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> it seems the Web APIs Working Group does not
> really know what to work on (even though we'll see 4 FPWDs from them
> in the coming weeks!),

For what it's worth, we have a fairly good idea of what to work on,
but we're open to what is suggested to us (taking into account the
fact that we have an extensive list of deliverables to ship in a two
year period of course). Also please note that the "tentative"
milestones indicating FPWDs this December are being moved down due to
the delay in starting this WG. I wouldn't expect a long delay though.

> I trust they appreciate such input and support.

We do, as a matter of fact this issue of access-control was discussed
by several people during the AC meeting. It's unclear that there's
consensus as to how to do it (a number of people don't like the usage
of a PI, some don't like a statement that is done on a per-resource
basis, and some think that this should only be addressed later, once
we've at least done the first bits of our job -- note that these
groups overlap) but it's definitely a topic of interest and it will
be discussed by the WG once we've started in earnest.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist