Re: A Crypto-compliant JSON Implementation

On 10/07/2015 05:29 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

> Research in RDF has gone into finding an ordering for a graph that
> does not rely on a accidental property such as "creation order", but
> instead to find a reproducible function from graph to serialisation
> that can be used whatever the order one is given for the graph.
>
> I think Dave Longley has been working on this for JSON LD.

It sounds like you're referring to RDF Dataset Normalization:

http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/rdf-dataset-normalization/

By the way, this algorithm isn't specific to JSON-LD; it is syntax
agnostic (it starts with an abstract RDF Dataset).

--
Dave Longley
CTO