From: Wendy Seltzer [mailto:wseltzer@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:55 PM
To: Siva Narendra; Harry Halpin
Cc: public-web-security@w3.org; public-webcrypto@w3.org; Charles Engelke; GALINDO Virginie
Subject: Re: [Web Crypto WG] draft Web Crypto WG charter : for your review and comments

Hi Siva and all,

To follow up on Harry's response, we have great interest in doing more work on secure authentication building on the WebCrypto API. As its Chair has expressed, the WebCrypto WG wants to complete its work with a tight focus on the WebCrypto API and related deliverables.

For my part, I look forward to supporting additional groups focused on extending WebCrypto's work, whether based in FIDO or secure hardware.
Any member can propose work, and so long as there is interest and a path to getting interoperable implementations, some members'
non-participation does not act as a veto.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wseltzer@w3.org +1.617.715.4883 (office) Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)