Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Rechartering discussion - Gemalto contribution

On 2015-02-03 14:31, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> Anders,
>
> On Tuesday 03 February 2015 12:42:07 Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> Although I agree with what you are saying there's a problem:
>>
>> None of the stuff you are referring to has ever been directly connected
>> to the [UNTRUSTED] web, they are always used with a trusted App + GU.
>
> if everybody had already thought about it, my contribution would be noise. My
> apologies if this is the case. This is a chartering discussion. If thinking
> about the eGov use case is overkill, we should state that openly and move on.
> I just want this to be a conscious decision. This enables W3C to respond if
> asked by the various governments.

Hi Rigo,

eGov is definitely not overkill, the problem as I see it is that you cannot develop
things of this complexity without having a "team" dealing with the different aspects.

Fortunately there's an alternative to shoehorning legacy-crypto in the UNTRUSTED web:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2015Feb/0000.html

Best regards,
Anders