Re: Seamless iframes + CSS3 selectors = bad idea

From: <sird@rckc.at>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:27:03 +0800
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: gaz Heyes <gazheyes@gmail.com>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Daniel Glazman <daniel@glazman.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, public-web-security@w3.org
Maciej

I am aware that styling according to the href attribute of an anchor element
is useful.

I have used it (as I said some emails ago) to detect links that end on .pdf,
also to detect emails from rapidshare..

So instead of breaking completely the support for href, I was proposing
adding an attribute, if the link has that attribute, then it will not match
any selector (like gareth;s idea of opt out).

I proposed rel=nofollow since some devs already use it to link to sensitive
part of their site.. but we can came up with a new one.. to avoid breaking
selective styling.

Greetings!!
-- Eduardo
http://www.sirdarckcat.net/