Prior Art

From: George Bray <listoid1@linkalarm.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:52:42 +1000
To: <public-web-plugins@w3.org>

I haven't read the patent fully, but it would seem there's much prior
art pre-dating these claims.

 From my own experience, Apple's HyperCard dates from 1987 and had
XCMD/XFCN functionality that's exactly like today's browser plugins.
It would be stretching definitions to describe HyperCard as an
*online* system, but there were certainly similar online hypermedia
systems of that era that had the claimed features. Intermedia from
Brown university rings a bell.

The place to start looking is the archives of the ACM Hypertext SIG.

George