Re: Flash

From: Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 02:07:58 +0200 (CEST)
To: Thomas Westin <thomas.westin@mmedu.net>
Cc: public-web-plugins@w3.org

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Thomas Westin wrote:

> On the other hand, since MS most likely will appeal the verdict, I guess
> this process will take years before it gets anywhere.

Another reason why software patents are no advantage for small companies.
Even if they have a software patent, they cannot stand years of
litigation.

If you plan to spend effort in rewriting a website, rewriting
functionality in applications (because of this patent) or even discussing
it, you're time is worth more if you can effectively fight against
software patents.

Please consider sending money to eff.org or ffii.org.

--   dag wieers,  dag@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --