Potential Partial Solution

From: SerpentMage (Christian Gross) <mailing@devspace.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:37:15 +0200
To: public-web-plugins@w3.org

Part of the problem right now is that Software Patents are silly.  Yes
the W3C is right that they cannot do anything to change that.

However, the community has at hand a perfect opportunity to make a
statement.  If all the browser software vendors decided to make one
browser for the American market and another browser for the rest of the
world, then the issue could settle itself.

I am think this way because it reminds me of the RSA and the related
patent messiness.  This is not an attempt to exclude America, but if
Microsoft and the rest of the browser vendors are left with no choice
they are left with no choice...

Christian Gross