Re: NavigationTiming event for initial display

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 08:41:33 CEST Ben Maurer wrote:

> Just wanted to share some thoughts here based on our measurement experience
> at Facebook. While the FirstPaint and FirstContentfulPaint events are
> interesting I don't think these reflect the actual loading times of
> non-trivial applications. Many sites load their content incrementally and
> these statistics are unlikely to capture just the right subset of content.

I guess attaching timing information to DOM nodes like time from start of page
load until this node was first (partially) painted would by itself create
performance issues? If not, that could leave the choice of the "right" subset
of the content to the developer.

Stefan