Re: Notification for new navigation timing entries

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 14:18 -0800, Ilya Grigorik wrote:
> I've circulated the "O.o for perf timeline" idea internally with the
> Blink/v8 folks.. and the general feedback is that it might not be the best
> fit in terms of API and architecture.
>
> With that in mind, we've put together an alternative (MutationObserver
> inspired) proposal:
> https://docs.google.com/a/chromium.org/document/d/1fXtxtPC1Gg4PeLXI_axj6AvMTznf9X5lrj5HTyR3r3w/
>
> Please pick it apart! :-)

I'm concerned about the change of type for PerformanceEntryList:
[[
interface PerformanceEntryList {
     getter PerformanceEntry item(unsigned long index);
     readonly attribute unsigned long length;
     PerformanceEntryList getEntriesByName(name);
}
]]

It basically removes all of the Array methods on the type (since it is
currently a sequence), such as forEach or map.

As a developer, it will be very inconvenient to iterate through the list
without forEach.

And we're possibly breaking deployed applications by removing the Array
methods.

Philippe