Re: Page Visibility updates and proposed hooks

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 16:58 +1000, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On February 5, 2015 at 2:36:57 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org) wrote:
> > > I'd like a +1 for the following proposed change as well:
> > https://github.com/w3c/page-visibility/pull/4
>
> I made some suggestions, but I can't +1 what is currently there. It's almost what we need, but not quite right.
>
> Sorry, I know we should go and rewrite exactly what we need :(

Mounir was the one who ask for this so I'd like to make sure I can
address at least address what he asks. My proposal was written to
address [1] using heavily the examples of the hooks in the DOM spec,
including the paragraph on extensibility. Maybe it's too narrow and
you're trying to address a different issue as well? If I can understand
how what you're trying to achieve differs from what Mounir asked in [1],
I'm willing to make an alternate proposal.

Philippe

[1]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Sep/0034.html