Re: negotiated protocol in Navigation and Resource Timing

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com> wrote:
> Understood, that's fine. But, I don't think that should block us from using
> "protocol" in NT/RT: (a) it's the right name, (b) the URL version is no
> longer accurate or useful in most cases. We should nudge developers towards
> using the NT/RT version, and keeping the same name is actually a plus in
> that regard.

When it comes to URLs, protocol refers to the bit before the ":". In
the platform's API landscape, I think that's the only thing "protocol"
has meant thus far. And getting at the bit before the ":" is still
useful. It's just wildly different from what you're talking about.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/