Re: negotiated protocol in Navigation and Resource Timing

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> Fetch doesn't use "protocol". The API we have had for URL manipulation
> (defined in URL) for two decades or so has it and that is unlikely to
> change.

Understood, that's fine. But, I don't think that should block us from using
"protocol" in NT/RT: (a) it's the right name, (b) the URL version is no
longer accurate or useful in most cases. We should nudge developers towards
using the NT/RT version, and keeping the same name is actually a plus in
that regard.

ig