Re: [Beacon] Reliable timestamps

On 18.05.2014, at 00:15, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com> wrote:

> I've added a Beacon-Age header to the beacon request per comments on this thread.
> https://w3c.github.io/web-performance/specs/Beacon/Overview.html
>
> Please review and let me know if this looks good.

Thanks for adding this. The addition to the algorithm for calling the sendBeacon method looks good.

The spec doesn't have any normative text describing error handling or retransmission. If you plan to add such section, then it'd also need to specify that requestTime and the Beacon-Age header are intended to be updated rather than having their initial values.

--
regards, Kornel