Re: Beacon feedback

Inline below:

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> (Mike, see end.)
>
> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com> wrote:
> > Hi Anne,
> > The latest draft is at
> > https://w3c.github.io/web-performance/specs/Beacon/Overview.html
> > (as per my last mail).
>
> Could you have the other draft link to this one or at least clearly
> mark it obsolete?

OK.

> > I removed the duplicate text you cite in your comment (1) below.
>
> "User agents MUST honor the HTTP headers (including, in particular,
> redirects and HTTP cookie headers), but MUST ignore any entity bodies
> returned in the response" is still there.

This one is not mentioned in the processing model (I'm aware that the first
part of this sentence  that response headers must be honored is redundant
with Fetch, but the part about ignoring entity body is not). I felt this is
important to mention. Please let me know if you strongly feel we should
remove the first part, in which case, I can change it into a Note. So I'll
keep the "ignore entity body" and move the "honor response headers" to a
Note. But I like it better the way it is.

> > Re. (3), the url parser is used but via the "Resolve-a-url" section.
>
> Because? Also, you did not answer my question about further
> restricting this to http/https.

I'll add  "restricting to http/https". Why is the current link to
"Resolve-a-url" bad?

> > Re. (2), I have not made a change.
>
> Because?

You asked to file a bug on Fetch. What is the issue with the way we have
currently written it?

> > Could you please take another look?
>
> Is it okay if the Beacon-Age header can be set by XMLHttpRequest?
> Should it become a restricted header?

Seems fine. Do I need to do something in this spec about it?

> What about CSP? Should we introduce a "ping" request context for <a
> ping> and sendBeacon()? And a ping-src directive or some such maybe.
> (Any reason it's sendBeacon() and not sendPing()?)

Seems fine. Again, do I need to do something about it in this spec?