Re: Exposing high-res time in workers

I believe it is! When I did my research a few months ago, it was just on
its way in chrome, and I wasn’t sure of the status in other browsers at
that time.

My primary use cases are:

- physics in web workers need accurate deltas between time steps
- determining “message latency” (time between when a message was
postMessage’ed from worker and received in parent), and compensating when
rendering [1]
- one step closer to an isomorphic api when writing code that can run in a
worker or not

[1]: when experimenting, I attempted sending over the result of
`performance.now()` as a “trigger” for the worker to compute the next
physics tick, but it was impossible to determine how long the message
actually took to be received, AND the browser(s, especially FF) crumbled
when the rate of postMessage approached more than 60 per second (1 msg for
the tick, another for the results of the tick back).

Yip yip,
~ Drew*