W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > July 2014

[minutes] 20140702 Web Performance

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:19:00 -0400
Message-ID: <1404937140.4799.58.camel@chacal>
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Available at
 http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-minutes.html

Text version:
              Web Performance Working Group Teleconference

02 Jul 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Tobin, Rob, Arvind, Plh, Ganesh

   Regrets

   Chair
          Tobin

   Scribe
          Tobin

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Beacon
         2. [5]ResourceTiming
         3. [6]DOMHighResTimeStamp
         4. [7]HighResolutionTime2
         5. [8]NavigationTiming
         6. [9]Other issues
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Beacon

   Plh: Beacon at Last Call, set for end of July
   ... We need some tests.

   ACTION: All Call for tests for Beacon [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc

ResourceTiming

   TobinT: There was a bug brought to our attention on 6/25 with a
   demo on jsfiddle
   ... [12]http://jsfiddle.net/schyzoo/BeDZz/

     [12] http://jsfiddle.net/schyzoo/BeDZz/

   ACTION: plh to look and answer
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jun
   /0047.html [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc]

     [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jun/0047.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-140 - Look and answer
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-web-perf/2014jun
   /0047.html [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2014-07-09].

     [15]
http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-web-perf/2014jun/0047.html

DOMHighResTimeStamp

   TobinT: looked like some discussion here on W3C as well as
   WHATWG. We should make sure that we cover concerns here. Will
   read through the thread more closely to see what, if anything,
   needs done.

HighResolutionTime2

   plh: There were questions about why we need Performance and
   WorkerPerformance Interfaces.

   Arvind: Jatinder had some context on this. There were some
   discussions on this.

   ACTION: Tobin to follow up on HighResolutionTime2 to see if we
   need Performance and WorkerPerformance Interfaces [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc

NavigationTiming

   plh: Boris had some questions about navigationTiming.

   Arvind: There are some questions about the meaning of
   navigation start. I'm following it and keeping track of the
   discussion.

Other issues

   Arvind: Boris had questions about using "current document" and
   "previous document"

   plh: Will take an action item to follow up

   ACTION: Plh to look into the definition of current document and
   previous document

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Call for tests for Beacon [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc]
   [NEW] ACTION: Follow up on HighResolutionTime2 to see if we
   need Performance and WorkerPerformance Interfaces [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc]
   [NEW] ACTION: plh to look and answer
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jun
   /0047.html [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc
     [19]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jun/0047.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-webperf-irc

   [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 9 July 2014 20:19:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:39 UTC