Navigation Timing 2 updates (was: Where are instances of PerformanceNavigationTiming created?)

On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 12:53 -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Note that the document I'm looking at links to itself as "Latest
> Editor's Draft" and is linked from
> http://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing-2/ as "Latest Editor's draft".
> But I just noticed that it has an earlier publication date than the TR
> version, which is ... odd.

That's just the date of the publication. I don't update the dates on
editor's drafts when a publication occurs but could do so in the future
if it's confusing.

> window.performance.navigation _is_ defined in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing/#sec-window.performance-attribute
> (which conflicts with the definition in Navigation Timing 2, yay), but
> there is no mention of PerformanceNavigationTiming there either.

Note that Navigation Timing 2 is expected to replace entirely Navigation
Timing itself because we modified the Performance interface to extend
EventTarget (needed for Resource Timing), and couldn't do so without
overwriting the definition from Navigation Timing 1.

Philippe