Re: Where are instances of PerformanceNavigationTiming created?

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 10:43 -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I see nothing anywhere in
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/NavigationTiming2/Overview.html
> that creates instances of PerformanceNavigationTiming.

Similar to Resource Timing, the Processing Model indicates when the
instance is created:
[[
2. Create a new PerformanceNavigationTiming object.
]]
https://w3c.github.io/web-performance/specs/NavigationTiming2/Overview.html#step-create-object

>   Should there be
> something?  There are examples that claim that such instances should
> exist and that performance.getEntriesByType should be able to find them,
> but I see no normative basis for that claim.

We don't explicitly say when performance.getEntriesByType would be able
to return the instance however but I believe the expectation would be
from the beginning, ie as soon as the page is able to invoke
getEntriesByType. The appropriate values for the remaining IDL
attributes would be updated after that.

Philippe