Re: Closed: Action 130 Remove postpone from resource priorities

Hi,

On April 17, 2014 at 3:04:04 PM, Tobin Titus (tobint@microsoft.com) wrote:
> Per agreement yesterday, postpone was removed from resource priorities:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/130
>
> The updated spec is here:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/ResourcePriorities/Overview.html

Can I kindly ask that you please move the document to GitHub? Having it on mercurial makes it extremely difficult/inconvenient for the community and implementers to contribute changes. Could you also please add a link to the bug tracker in the spec (or just use the GH issue tracker once you move the spec)?

I'm also still concerned about how much HTML/SVG monkey patching is happening in this spec. I think Hixie raised a similar issue. Can I ask that you remove section 4.3 as it seems to add little value. Just focusing on the attribute itself, and what it's supposed to do when used would be great. Then HTML/SVG can wire it in properly to work as intended (and even put it on the right interfaces).

Please note that this is the second time I've raised this issue [1]. If we had an issue tracker, it would make it better to make sure feedback doesn't fall through the cracks.

Thanks!

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Mar/0028.html

--
Marcos Caceres