Re: navigationStart in NavigationTiming

Hi Boris,

So I assume you are saying the case where there is no previous document
does exist, and therefore we should not change the definition of
unloadEventStart and unloadEventEnd attributes, and we can change
navigationStart attribute's definition to be:
navigationStart attribute
This attribute must return the time immediately after the user agent
finishes prompting to
unload<http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#prompt-to-unload-a-document>
the
previous document. If there is no previous document and the current
document is "about:blank", this attribute must return the time when the
document was created.

I actually feel it's better to just not mention the case of "there is no
previous document" and current document = about:blank.

Please also look at the processing model for navigation here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#navigate - it simply assumes there
is a previous document (Step 9) - I feel it is appropriate for us to just
refer to the time after Step 9 here to be the time for navigationStart as
opposed to putting in more logic in Navigation Timing specification.

What would be the ideal definition of these 3 attributes according to you?

Thanks,
Arvind