W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > February 2013

[minutes] Web Performance WG Teleconference #96 2013-02-06

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 20:02:18 +0000
To: "'public-web-perf@w3.org'" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <59dee0e1d4524a7ba2e0e56378b0998a@BLUPR03MB065.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Meeting Summary:



1.     TPAC 2013

This year TPAC has been confirmed to be in China for November 22nd. The working group will need to decide in the next few months whether we will want to travel to China in November or, instead, meet locally in the US at that time.



2.     Test Cases

The Page Visibility test cases, http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Microsoft/PageVisibility/, have been moved to the approved folder.



Jatinder will review the new Resource Timing and User Timing test cases submitted by Intel. James will update his Resource Timing tests per feedback.



3.     Timing control for script-based animations to CR and Page Visibility to PR

The working group has agreed to publish Timing control for script-based animations as a CR publication and publish Page Visibility as a PR publication. Neither spec has any open issues on the spec, and both have three user agent implementations.




W3C Web Performance WG Teleconference #96 2013-02-06



IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/06-webperf-irc



Meeting Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/06-webperf-minutes.html



Attendees

Jatinder Mann, James Simonsen, Philippe Le Hegaret, Daniel Austin, Ganesh Rao


Scribe

Jatinder Mann



Agenda

1.     TPAC 2013

2.     Discuss Test Cases issues

3.     Feedback on Existing Specifications

4.     Feedback on New Specifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Minutes:
TPAC 2013

Philippe: The TPAC has been confirmed for November 22nd in China.
... I believe people were interested in a face to face meeting with performance folks at last TPAC.

Jatinder: The working group should decide whether we want to meet at TPAC in China this year or meet in the US later this year.

Dan: Last time Web Apps was interested in performance.

Ganesh: From our previous workshop, there was discussion on providing performance guidance documentation. Where are we on that?

Dan: Philippe, weren't you leading a task force on helping providing guidance on improving HTML performance?

<plh> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Headlights2013

Philippe: Yes, I'm working on putting together a task force that will provide recommendations on how we can improve HTML performance. You all here are welcome to join.
Test Cases

Jatinder: Page Visibility test cases need to be moved from the submitted folder to the approved folder.
... The test suite is complete. We were considering adding a test case that tested the ordering of event firing between document and subdocument, however, the spec doesn't specify that ordering, so it's unnecessary.
... I can see that Pan has a few tests cases that are different from the approved User Timing test cases. I will review them this week.

Philippe: The secureConnectionStart test can be submitted but it should be optional.
Feedback on Existing Specifications

Jatinder: Philippe, can we move Timing control for script-based animations to CR and Page Visibility to PR this week?

Philippe: I'll go through them and try to get it done there.

Jatinder: Pan had provided some feedback on clarifying a few sentences in Resource Timing. They don't appear to change the intended meaning of those sentences and just clarify, I think we can make the change. I'll review the text again.
Feedback on New Specifications

Jatinder: Alois and I have begun discussing Beacon API, and I have started looking into Resource Priorities. We will probably have more to say in the next few weeks.
Received on Wednesday, 6 February 2013 20:07:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 6 February 2013 20:07:09 GMT