Re: [beacon] no limits, no retry, no batching, post only

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:19:55 -0800
To: Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com>
Cc: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com> wrote:
> Please let me know if there are more comments. I think I've addressed all
> comments raised so far.

So something that we discussed in the thread but I don't think we
really reached consensus on was whether to use sendBeacon or something
XHR based as syntax.

I explicitly want the beacon API to never send progress events to the
web page. That provides more freedom for the UA to delay sending the
beacon to a time when it makes sense (radio on but not much other
network traffic).

Hence I think we should stick to using the current sendBeacon syntax.

/ Jonas