Re: [beacon] no limits, no retry, no batching, post only

From: Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:27:17 -0800
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
I agree with that too. I also felt the semantics are quite different at
this point so overloading XHR doesn't seem like a good idea. We are talking
about ignoring entity body, retrying request, persist after unload,
delaying if necessary, allowing rejection if data exceeds some size - all
too specific and different from XHR.