Re: requestAnimationFrame behavior on display:none iframes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:27:22 -0400
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: Nat Duca <nduca@chromium.org>, public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On 4/10/13 3:49 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Seeing that requestAnimationFrame is using the Page Visibility
> definition of visibility

The problem, again, is that the Page Visibility definition was only done
that way because I was told it would NOT be used for things like this.
The Page Visibility definition is useful for being able to deal with
media playback (which is not intrinsically tied to "visibility" in the
case of audio, for example, but may well be tied to "attention", which
is more what Page Visibility tries to capture).

> As such, no further change will be made to the specification. Let us
> know if you're dissatisfied by the outcome and would like to object.

I would like to object to using the Page Visibility definition of
visibility for requestAnimationFrame, yes.