Re: Understanding Navigation Timing Metrics

From: Bryan McQuade <bmcquade@google.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:43:04 -0400
To: "Reitbauer, Alois" <Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com>
Cc: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Could it be that the DOM Interactive is triggered when closing </html>
is parsed but that for some pages:
1. there are additional bytes in the HTTP response after the closing </html>
2. the time it takes to reach the last byte on the network is after
the time the closing </html> is parsed by the renderer?

I have not read the spec in detail so this may not actually be a
possibility but I wanted to put it out there.

I do also wonder how last response byte timing is handled for
for whom the connection is not immediately closed when the last byte
of HTML is received.