Re: [minutes] 2012-10-10 Web Performance WG Teleconference #84

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:47:39 -0400
To: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
CC: "James Robinson (jamesr@google.com)" <jamesr@google.com>, "cam@mcc.id.au" <cam@mcc.id.au>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>, "Robert O'Callahan" <roc@ocallahan.org>
On 10/11/12 4:26 PM, Jatinder Mann wrote:
> Boris, Cameron, does Mozilla have any thoughts on this?

I think you have me and Robert confused.  ;)

Robert, the context of this discussion is whether there should be a
window.animationStartTime.  James says:

 > For CSS animations, I do not believe this is implementable in WebKit.

I haven't been following along with what the situation is with
animationStartTime and off-main-thread animations.  Is there still a
sane way to define animationStartTime in that setup, and is it worth
standardizing?