RE: [ResourceTiming] initiator types

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:48:49 +0000
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, James Simonsen <simonjam@chromium.org>
CC: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
> For instance, we're assuming the app is predominately HTML. However, if
> it was mostly SVG, then it's not helpful for us to clump all the SVG elements
> into one bucket.

I think that is fair feedback. Considering the proposed change won't substantially change a developers ability to sort and will allow better sorting of SVG content, I agree to making a change here. Is there any feedback on the proposed change Ojan had suggested below? If not, I will update the spec to match this behavior.

"If the initiator is an element, the initiatorType is the element's localname. If the initiator is a JavaScript object, the initiatorType is the name of the object's constructor. Resources downloaded via CSS url() or @import would be have the "link" or "style" initiatorType depending on which element the CSS was loaded from."

Jatinder