Re: [minutes] 2012-01-25 Web Performance WG Teleconference #59

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Karen Anderson (IE) <
Karen.Anderson@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  The test test_timing_attributes_order.htm regarding using sleeps in the
> unload handlers of the previous document are disallowed for Chrome as James
> pointed out on the mailing list.  It looks like the decision in today’s
> call was to just to verify the order and not the time of the unload
> events.  However, there was a past thread (attached) on the desire to have
> a test to ensure that the time between unloadEventStart/End only captured
> the onunload and not the onbeforeunload event.  What changed our minds?

Thanks for the thread. I didn't remember why we wanted this.

Maybe there's another way we can test this. If we record the timestamps
during beforeunload and unload, we should be able to compare that against
the navigationStart value. We'll have to use an <iframe> so that we have
the same monotonic clock. And to make sure we only use monotonic time on
all platforms, we may need to wait until we have window.performance.now().

James