From: Karen Anderson (IE) [mailto:Karen.Anderson@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:39 PM
To: Jatinder Mann; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: RE: [minutes] 2012-01-25 Web Performance WG Teleconference #59

Sorry I was not able to attend our call this morning.  I am a little confused talking point 1.b in the notes:

The test test_timing_attributes_order.htm regarding using sleeps in the unload handlers of the previous document are disallowed for Chrome as James pointed out on the mailing list.  It looks like the decision in today’s call was to just to verify the order and not the time of the unload events.  However, there was a past thread (attached) on the desire to have a test to ensure that the time between unloadEventStart/End only captured the onunload and not the onbeforeunload event.  What changed our minds?

Regardless of whether we want to separate the time between onbeforeunload and onunload, we still need a method of generating a delay within the unload sequence.  How do we feel about using an XHR request to a PHP script that performs this logic on the server instead?  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Karen