Re: [RequestAnimationFrame] Callback argument should be a callback interface, not just a callback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:13:24 +0100
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:24:37 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> We've had a long discussion on this and decided to simplify callbacks.
>
> Hmm.  I must have missed this discussion.  I don't see how this
> simplifies callbacks at all, for _authors_...  what am I missing?

It's been a while since I read that thread, but it's the basic complexity
argument. By offering more distinct APIs, authors have to learn more, make
a choice, etc. and the additional functionality an object would bring is
already available through JavaScript's bind() if I remember correctly.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/