Re: [RequestAnimationFrame] Callback argument should be a callback interface, not just a callback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:59:21 +0100
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:52:33 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Unless there are _very_ strong reasons to restrict to functions only
> (which I just don't see in this case), it's better to use a callback
> interface for the animation callback.  That allows for more flexibility
> for authors; they can of course still pass in functions.

Ms2ger raised this a few hours ago. I objected and pointed out
We've had a long discussion on this and decided to simplify callbacks. Web
IDL also states:

"Specification authors SHOULD NOT define callback interfaces that have
only a single operation, unless required to describe the requirements of
existing APIs. Instead, a callback is to be used."

Anne van Kesteren