From: James Robinson [mailto:jamesr@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:53 PM
To: Jatinder Mann
Cc: cam@mcc.id.au; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: [requestAnimationFrame] Spec to LC?

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com<mailto:jmann@microsoft.com>> wrote:
James, Cameron,

Do you feel that the requestAnimationFrame spec is ready to move to Last Call? In today's working group conf call, we were discussing the status of all specifications and noticed that there are no remaining open issues on this particular spec.

The IE Test Center has a few requestAnimationFrame tests from a few months ago - http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/#perfPaintNotification. I am looking to update the tests to match the current spec status and submit them for the requestAnimationFrame test suite in the near future.

Hello,

I've resolved the remaining open issues and think going to Last Call is a great idea.  I'm also excited about having a test suite.  http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/#perfPaintNotification looks like a good start, but it seems a bit out of date (for example it tests for a animationStartTime property that has never existed in a W3C spec).

- James

Thanks,
Jatinder