W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > February 2012

[minutes] 2012-02-15 Web Performance WG Teleconference #61

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:47:02 +0000
To: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <EE4C13A1D11CFA49A58343DE361B0B04137113EF@TK5EX14MBXC252.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Meeting Summary:



1.      Navigation Timing to PR

a.       ACTION-68 and ACTION-85 closed

The action item to write a document.readyState test case and move it to the approved folder has been completed.



b.       Navigation Timing to PR

Navigation Timing no longer has any active action items and the spec has been very stable for some time now. As soon as the WebIDL spec dependency has reached the CR stage, Navigation Timing spec can move to the PR state. We expect WebIDL to reach CR by late March this year.



2.      Resource Timing to CR

a.       ACTION-55 closed

The Resource Timing Privacy and Security section has been updated to include details on the Resource Timing cross-origin restrictions and impact on statistical fingerprinting.



3.      JavaScript Timing Proposal

The working group will review and provide feedback to the JavaScript Timing proposal submitted by Alois.



4.      Page Visibility to CR

a.       ACTION-81 closed

The Action Item to create a Privacy section for the Page Visibility specification has been closed.



b.       Processing Model Updates

The working group is to review the processing model updates made to the Page Visibility spec to ensure they are correct.


Detailed Notes:



Web Perf Teleconference #61 2/15/2012



IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2012/02/15-webperf-irc


Meeting Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2012/02/15-webperf-minutes.html



Attendees

Present for Navigation Timing, Resource Timing and User Timing (4-5PM EST/1-2PM PST)

Philippe Le Hegaret, Jatinder Mann, Arvind Jain, Alois Reitbauer, James Simonsen, Tony Gentilcore, Joseph Scheuhammer


Present for Page Visibility, Efficient Script Yielding, Display Paint Notifications (4-5PM EST/2-3PM PST)

Meeting cancelled.



Scribe

Jatinder Mann



Contents

Agenda

1.       Discuss all status of all specifications



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Jatinder: As of last week, we have closed all Navigation Timing Action Items. We should be good to move the spec forward to PR.

<tonyg> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/approved/navigation-timing/html5/test_performance_attributes_exist_in_object.html

<plh> ACTION: plh to move latest nav timing test into approved [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/15-webperf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-86 - Move latest nav timing test into approved [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2012-02-22].

plh: I noticed the latest Chrome stable has broken in one of the tests. Do we know what is happening?

Tony: I will check to see why its broken.

Jatinder: Philippe, when do we expect Navigation Timing to go to PR?

plh: I spoke with the director, but we will need to wait until WebIDL, our dependency, has reached CR.
... That will happen in early March.

Jatinder: I have updated the Resource Timing Privacy section this morning. Please take a moment to read it and I can close Action 55.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/PageVisibility/Overview.html#sec-privacy

<plh> close action-85

<trackbot> ACTION-85 Update the Navigation Timing test suite page closed

Alois: I asked a question on the mailing list regarding the cross-origin restrictions of Resource Timing.

<plh> close action-81

<trackbot> ACTION-81 Propose a privacy section for Page Visibility closed

JatindeR: I believe we should be able to give responseEnd, as without responseStart you can't get the response time but can get the total Navigation Timing.

James: I think it should be fine.

Action Jatinder update cross origin restriction to show responseEnd times always.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-87 - Update cross origin restriction to show responseEnd times always. [on Jatinder Mann - due 2012-02-22].

Alois: What about including redirect times? Seems like we don't include that.

Jatinder: We will review the mailing list and determine why we had come up with this text. I'll follow up on the mailing list.
... Regarding the JavaScript Timing extension, has anyone had a chance the read the spec?

Arvind: Not I.

Jatinder: Not I. Let's discuss next week after reading the spec.

Alois: Sounds good.
Received on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 19:47:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 15 February 2012 19:47:50 GMT