Page Visibility privacy section (RE: [PageVisibility] Feedback)

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:18:33 -0800
To: "Anne van Kesteren (annevk@opera.com)" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com>
On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 18:59 +0000, Jatinder Mann wrote:
> > 6. Thought I had just before sending, should this document say
> > something about privacy implications?
> > Arvind is writing a section on the privacy implication.
>
> I assume I get another reply when that is done?

here is the proposed section:

[[
5 Privacy

The Page Visibility API enables third party content on a web page to
determine the visibility of the Document contained by the top level
browsing context with higher precision compared to existing mechanisms,
like focus or blur events. However, for practical considerations, the
additional exposure is not substantial. A User Agent may provide a
setting to disable the Page Visibility API that when set will ensure the
hidden attribute is set to false and the visibilityState attribute is
set to visible.
]]

Philippe