Re: [Page Visibility] Spec -- privacy concern

Yes there is additional information being exposed (the case where a window
loses focus but is still visible). But it seems like a minor addition to the
existing information available via onfocus/onblur/onload/onunload.

Limiting it to same domain would render the API ineffective. One of the
goals was for Analytics software to track time spent on a page with higher
fidelity, which would not get served. Another goal was for advertisers to
know whether their ad was ever shown (or to not play an ads video when the
window is not visible). These are both third party content examples.

Arvind