Re: ISSUE-7: FrameRequestCallback interface should be designated as Callback=FunctionOnly [Request Animation Frame]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:12:35 +1200
To: Web Performance Working Group WG <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Web Performance Working Group Issue Tracker:
> ISSUE-7: FrameRequestCallback interface should be designated as
> Callback=FunctionOnly [Request Animation Frame]

I believe I was wrong to accept this change.  There’s no good reason for
requestAnimationFrame to require behaviour different from the default
for [Callback].  Per discussion in the telcon last week with Jatinder,
I’ve reverted the change.

I’ve started a thread on public-script-coord to discuss the default
behaviour of [Callback] in general:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2011AprJun/0277.html

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/