From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [public-web-perf-request@w3.org] on behalf of Cameron McCormack [cam@mcc.id.au]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 3:30 PM
To: Olli Pettay
Cc: Web Performance Working Group WG
Subject: Re: ISSUE-7: FrameRequestCallback interface should be designated  as Callback=FunctionOnly [Request Animation Frame]

Olli Pettay:
> It is not. In event handling
> foo.addEventListener("bar_event", { handleEvent: function(e) {}}, true);
> has proved to be useful.

I don’t know if it has proved to be useful, since it doesn’t really buy
you much over using a plain Function object, but DOM Events probably
needs to keep allowing this.  My impression is that new specifications
tend to use use [Callback=FunctionOnly] more than [Callback].

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/