Re: ISSUE-7: FrameRequestCallback interface should be designated as Callback=FunctionOnly [Request Animation Frame]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 10:30:34 +1200
To: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Cc: Web Performance Working Group WG <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Olli Pettay:
> It is not. In event handling
> foo.addEventListener("bar_event", { handleEvent: function(e) {}}, true);
> has proved to be useful.

I don’t know if it has proved to be useful, since it doesn’t really buy
you much over using a plain Function object, but DOM Events probably
needs to keep allowing this.  My impression is that new specifications
tend to use use [Callback=FunctionOnly] more than [Callback].

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/