W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > September 2010

Re: [minutes] 20100908 Web Performance Working Group

From: Zhiheng Wang <zhihengw@google.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:57:37 -0700
Message-ID: <AANLkTi=+Grp85uYOJh90BrmhVKMEokLS5zRi7Uj0A1ig@mail.gmail.com>
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
    Regret that I will not be able to join the meeting this Wed (9/15).

    That said, for the record, will the same dail-in info from our last call
be used for
all upcoming ones? (i.e., as below)

The Zakim bridge numbers are
 +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.26.46.79.03 and +44.203.318.0479.

Passcode 97373 (WPERF)

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #webperf on
irc.w3.org:6665
The web interface for IRC is available at
 http://irc.w3.org/

cheers,
Zhiheng




On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> Available at
>  http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html
>
> Text version:
>
>             Web Performance Working Group Teleconference
>
> 08 Sep 2010
>
>   [2]Agenda
>
>      [2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2010Aug/0031.html
>
>   See also: [3]IRC log
>
>      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>   Present
>          Plh, Arvind, Zhiheng, Steve, Jason, Nick, Anderson
>
>   Regrets
>   Chair
>          Arvind
>
>   Scribe
>          plh
>
> Contents
>
>     * [4]Topics
>         1. [5]Roll Call
>         2. [6]Introduction of chairs, team contact and participants
>         3. [7]Meeting schedule
>         4. [8]F2f meeting schedule
>         5. [9]Editors
>         6. [10]Submitting Web Performance Issues
>         7. [11]First public working drafts
>         8. [12]next week
>     * [13]Summary of Action Items
>     _________________________________________________________
>
>   trackbot-ng, start telcon
>
>   <trackbot> Date: 08 September 2010
>
>   <scribe> scribeNick: plh
>
> Roll Call
>
> Introduction of chairs, team contact and participants
>
>   JasonWeber: I had the chance to work with everyone on the call
>
>   Arvind: web timing is one of the initiatives we're interested
>
>   plh: [...]
>
>   Zhiheng: my focus is on performance data structure
>
>   JasonSobel: trying to make the site faster
>
>   Anderson: focusing on performance in IE
>
>   Nick: dev on the IE team, focusing on performance work
>
> Meeting schedule
>
>   Arvind: does this time work for everyone?
>
>   Zhiheng: I've been meeting on a weekly basis with MS already
>
>   Arvind: is weekly the right frequency for this group?
>
>   JasonWeber: we'd like to meet weekly, at least in the early deve
>
>   Resolution: weekly meeting, wednesday 9am PT
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: plh to book the Zakim bridge for weekly meeting
>   [recorded in
>   [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action01]
>
>   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1 - Book the Zakim bridge for weekly
>   meeting [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2010-09-15].
>
> F2f meeting schedule
>
>   JasonWeber: maybe an early meeting in the bay area
>
>   plh: [explanation on TPAC]
>
>   Jason: maybe early November is the right time frame
>
>   Arvind: let's try to meet in the Bay area in October
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: plh to ask for room for TPAC 2010 [recorded in
>   [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action02]
>
>   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Ask for room for TPAC 2010 [on
>   Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2010-09-15].
>
>   plh: I'm in the Bay Area on October 6
>
>   Arvind: I'll send an email around to settle the dates
>
>   Jason: for the October meeting, let's go deep into the design, and
>   reserve the November one for coordination
>
> Editors
>
>   Zhiheng: Navigation Timing is in pretty good shape
>   ... some discussion about security and privacy model for resource
>   timing
>   ... for user timing, we're still in the brainstorming phase
>
>   Arvind: for navigation spec, Zhiheng will be the editor. for
>   resource , it will be Zhiheng and Anderson.
>
>   Zhiheng: we have a couple of ideas for user timing but nothing
>   settled yet
>
>   JasonWeber: Anderson is ready to sign up as editor or co-editor for
>   any of the specification
>   ... for user timing, it will also shared between Zhiheng and
>   Anderson
>
> Submitting Web Performance Issues
>
>   plh: I encourage everyone to use the tracker
>
> First public working drafts
>
>   Arvind: first draft for navigation timing, publication after f2f
>
>   Zhiheng: I'd like to get some consensus among the members on some of
>   the issues. goal for publication could be end of october as well
>
>   JasonWeber: sounds good to me
>   ... User Timing is small enough that we can have a draft for October
>   as well
>
>   Steve: what about other timing information?
>
>   JasonWeber: there are quite a few gasp like that
>   ... should try to resolve the ones in the charter first
>
>   Steve: only a few people in the call. there are people that will be
>   asking for more. Don't know if there is an FAQ
>   ... it's fine to leave it for the moment, and maybe we can scramble
>   something later on
>   ... if we get those 3 specs done, it doesn't even satisfy my first
>   goals
>
>   JasonWeber: user timing was included because we had an interface for
>   it
>   ... I look at the charter of the group as the first step
>   ... and setting up an IG for broader discussion would be good
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: plh to setup a mercurial server for webperf
>   [recorded in
>   [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action03]
>
>   <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Setup a mercurial server for webperf
>   [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2010-09-15].
>
> next week
>
>   Jason: I'll send the agenda. objective will be to go through the
>   documents and figure out some of the issues, including naming.
>
>   [adjourned]
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>   [NEW] ACTION: plh to ask for room for TPAC 2010 [recorded in
>   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action02]
>   [NEW] ACTION: plh to book the Zakim bridge for weekly meeting
>   [recorded in
>   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action01]
>   [NEW] ACTION: plh to setup a mercurial server for webperf [recorded
>   in [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action03]
>
>   [End of minutes]
>
>
>
>
Received on Monday, 13 September 2010 23:58:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:29 UTC