W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > September 2010

[minutes] 20100908 Web Performance Working Group

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:13:36 -0400
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1283966016.1959.21.camel@chacal>
Available at
 http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html

Text version:

             Web Performance Working Group Teleconference

08 Sep 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2010Aug/0031.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Plh, Arvind, Zhiheng, Steve, Jason, Nick, Anderson

   Regrets
   Chair
          Arvind

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Roll Call
         2. [6]Introduction of chairs, team contact and participants
         3. [7]Meeting schedule
         4. [8]F2f meeting schedule
         5. [9]Editors
         6. [10]Submitting Web Performance Issues
         7. [11]First public working drafts
         8. [12]next week
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   trackbot-ng, start telcon

   <trackbot> Date: 08 September 2010

   <scribe> scribeNick: plh

Roll Call

Introduction of chairs, team contact and participants

   JasonWeber: I had the chance to work with everyone on the call

   Arvind: web timing is one of the initiatives we're interested

   plh: [...]

   Zhiheng: my focus is on performance data structure

   JasonSobel: trying to make the site faster

   Anderson: focusing on performance in IE

   Nick: dev on the IE team, focusing on performance work

Meeting schedule

   Arvind: does this time work for everyone?

   Zhiheng: I've been meeting on a weekly basis with MS already

   Arvind: is weekly the right frequency for this group?

   JasonWeber: we'd like to meet weekly, at least in the early deve

   Resolution: weekly meeting, wednesday 9am PT

   <scribe> ACTION: plh to book the Zakim bridge for weekly meeting
   [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1 - Book the Zakim bridge for weekly
   meeting [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2010-09-15].

F2f meeting schedule

   JasonWeber: maybe an early meeting in the bay area

   plh: [explanation on TPAC]

   Jason: maybe early November is the right time frame

   Arvind: let's try to meet in the Bay area in October

   <scribe> ACTION: plh to ask for room for TPAC 2010 [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Ask for room for TPAC 2010 [on
   Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2010-09-15].

   plh: I'm in the Bay Area on October 6

   Arvind: I'll send an email around to settle the dates

   Jason: for the October meeting, let's go deep into the design, and
   reserve the November one for coordination

Editors

   Zhiheng: Navigation Timing is in pretty good shape
   ... some discussion about security and privacy model for resource
   timing
   ... for user timing, we're still in the brainstorming phase

   Arvind: for navigation spec, Zhiheng will be the editor. for
   resource , it will be Zhiheng and Anderson.

   Zhiheng: we have a couple of ideas for user timing but nothing
   settled yet

   JasonWeber: Anderson is ready to sign up as editor or co-editor for
   any of the specification
   ... for user timing, it will also shared between Zhiheng and
   Anderson

Submitting Web Performance Issues

   plh: I encourage everyone to use the tracker

First public working drafts

   Arvind: first draft for navigation timing, publication after f2f

   Zhiheng: I'd like to get some consensus among the members on some of
   the issues. goal for publication could be end of october as well

   JasonWeber: sounds good to me
   ... User Timing is small enough that we can have a draft for October
   as well

   Steve: what about other timing information?

   JasonWeber: there are quite a few gasp like that
   ... should try to resolve the ones in the charter first

   Steve: only a few people in the call. there are people that will be
   asking for more. Don't know if there is an FAQ
   ... it's fine to leave it for the moment, and maybe we can scramble
   something later on
   ... if we get those 3 specs done, it doesn't even satisfy my first
   goals

   JasonWeber: user timing was included because we had an interface for
   it
   ... I look at the charter of the group as the first step
   ... and setting up an IG for broader discussion would be good

   <scribe> ACTION: plh to setup a mercurial server for webperf
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Setup a mercurial server for webperf
   [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2010-09-15].

next week

   Jason: I'll send the agenda. objective will be to go through the
   documents and figure out some of the issues, including naming.

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: plh to ask for room for TPAC 2010 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: plh to book the Zakim bridge for weekly meeting
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: plh to setup a mercurial server for webperf [recorded
   in [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-webperf-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 8 September 2010 17:13:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:29 UTC