[NavigationTiming] Move window.performance to navigator.performance

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:05:43 +0100
To: public-web-perf@w3.org

I'm a bit concerned about

interface Window {
   readonly attribute Performance performance;

This adds a new property 'performance' to the global scope. I think there
may be pages out there that already use that property for other things --
script variables or <div id="performance"> or <a name="performance"> or
<form onsubmit="return validate(performance.value)"><input
name="performance">, and so forth.

To avoid polluting the global scope with a common name, potentially
breaking scripts out there, I suggest we move the attribute to the
Navigator interface.

To follow the convention around Navigator in HTML5 I guess it could look
something like:

[Supplemental, NoInterfaceObject]
interface NavigatorPerformance {
   readonly attribute Performance performance;
Navigator implements NavigatorPerformance;

Simon Pieters
Opera Software