From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Zhiheng Wang
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:50 PM
To: Jonas Sicking
Cc: Simon Pieters; Bryan McQuade; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: [NavigationTiming] Move window.performance to navigator.performance

  So "pagePerformance" sounds good to everyone?

  Nic and Anderson found that 0.00993% of high traffic websites has performance object in
their scripts. It might not cover all the cases, but I sort of subscribe to the idea that these
developers should know about this draft, especially if they care about "performance". };->
That said, using a rarer name helps.

cheers,
Zhiheng

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc<mailto:jonas@sicking.cc>> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com<mailto:simonp@opera.com>> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:34:54 +0100, Bryan McQuade <bmcquade@google.com<mailto:bmcquade@google.com>>
> wrote:
>
>> Agree that the property name performance is likely to collide with
>> existing
>> scripts. Maybe we need to choose a different less common name?
>
> That works for me. Any suggestions? "pagePerformance" doesn't come up much
> in google code search.
Sold!

/ Jonas