Re: [minutes] 20101201 Web Performance Working Group

From: Sigbjørn Vik <sigbjorn@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:32:39 +0100
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:45:44 +0100, Anderson Quach
<Anderson.Quach@microsoft.com> wrote:

> AndersonQuach: feedback, we should include: title of tests, description
> of tests, objective, and clear pass / fail criteria.
> ... would recommend that we pursue self-contained tests until we need a
> common infrastructure for testing async behavior and etc.

I agree with self-contained, but using the standard harness is also good,
as this allows us to integrate the tests into our framework without
touching the test itself, we just replace the harness with our own. Not
quite sure if that was mentioned. For the same reason, it would be good if
tests used relative paths from the root (/resources/testharness.js)
instead of absolute paths (http://test.w3.org/resources/testharness.js).

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Quality Assurance