FW: FPWD Transition Request: The Permissions API

Hi all!

FYI Permissions API is moving towards FPWD within WebAppSec. Check out the
details below!

Natasha

On 04/04/2015 01:21, "Brad Hill" <hillbrad@fb.com> wrote:

>Wendy,
>
> The WebAppSec WG requests publication of a First Public Working Draft of
>The Permissions API.
>
>Title: The Permissions API
>
>Requested Short Name: permissions
>
>Description and Abstract: The Permissions API allows a web application to
>be aware of the
>status of a given permission, to know whether it is granted, denied or if
>the user will be
>asked whether the permission should be granted.
>
>Draft to be published:
>https://w3c.github.io/permissions/published/2015-03-FPWD.html
>
>We hope for a publication date of Tuesday, April 7.
>
>Status of this Document:
>
>This document was published by the Web Application Security Working Group
><https://www.w3.org/2011/webappsec/> as a First Public Working Draft. This
>document is
>intended to become a W3C Recommendation. If you wish to make comments
>regarding this
>document, please send them to public-webappsec@w3.org (subscribe
><mailto:public-webappsec-request@w3.org?subject=subscribe>, archives
><http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/>). All comments are
>welcome.
>
>Publication as a First Public Working Draft does not imply endorsement by
>the W3C
>Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or
>obsoleted by
>other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this document as
>other
>than work in progress.
>
>This document was produced by a group operating under the 5 February 2004
>W3C Patent
>Policy <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/>. W3C
>maintains a public
>list of any patent disclosures
><http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/42538/status> made
>in connection with the deliverables of the group; that page also includes
>instructions
>for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual knowledge of a
>patent which the
>individual believes contains Essential Claim(s)
><http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#def-essential> must
>disclose the
>information in accordance with section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy
><http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-Disclosure>.
>This document is governed by the 1 August 2014 W3C Process Document
><http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/>.
>

>Delta Specification:
>
>This document is not a delta specification.
>
>Record of Decision to Request the Transition:
>
>Call for Consensus began here and completed with no objections:
>https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Mar/0131.html
>

>Thank you,
>
>Brad Hill
>Co-Chair, WebAppSec WG

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.