Re: Content of URL picked by Intent

Hi,

Text/uri-list is for sharing URLs, it doesn't care what the content is
behind that URL. Think of a button that is in the browser that just says
share the URL in then address bar.  It could be a page, movie or PDF file.

To be very explicit abut sharing a movie file your data type would be
video/mpeg for example.  Then a URL that is passed in would be a pointer to
a video file.

Given have just removed extras, the data attribute in the intent object
will need to carry extra data, so I will share a link to a document that
describes how the payload should appear exactly for then share intent
across multiple data types.