Re: Pick Contacts Intent

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:56:09 +0200
Cc: <public-device-apis@w3.org>, <public-web-intents@w3.org>
To: <Cathy.Chan@nokia.com> <Cathy.Chan@nokia.com>
Hi Cathy,

On Jun 27, 2012, at 23:41 , <Cathy.Chan@nokia.com> <Cathy.Chan@nokia.com> wrote:
> I notice that the ContactIntentExtras dictionary contains a fields item
> which is DOMString[]. Meanwhile, the getExtra() method of Intent is spec'd
> to return a DOMString.

Whoa, good catch!

> I suppose it would be necessary to modify the
> getExtra() method to work with the dictionary definition (and to be more
> flexible in general)? Say, returning any instead of DOMString?

Actually, one thing that we discussed before (and that is pending on implementers telling us if it's actually possible  Greg had concerns that there may be issues) was just exposing an |extras| attribute instead of getExtra(). That attribute would contain all that was provided for extras, presumably filtered through structured cloning or some such.

If doable, I personally much prefer that solution. Not to offend anyone, but using getExtra() to access what is most likely initially provided as an object literal feels very much Java-ish to me!