Re: more questions on draft

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Jean-Claude Dufourd
<jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
> If I understand what you are trying to do, then do not use the registration
> markup as a tag for "this is an intent-related page, it is OK to clobber
> window.intent".
> Just use some other *constant* tag.
> Otherwise, you will have the problem of explaining what happens with the
> registration markup does not match what is in the page.

To me registration markup and "this is an intent-related page" are one
and the same thing. The kind of relationship we're looking for is that
the intent tag declaration is how you say "give me intents."

Being able to register within-domain does create a cache coherency
problem, which is why the service page is the ultimate authority.
Requiring a load of the service page for registration is clearer, but
fairly onerous, so I think tolerating inconsistency is the right
choice.

> How about a <meta> in the header ?

That's a strong proposal for carrying the same metadata that's been
proposed on the html5 list. The semantics wouldn't differ, though.